Home to leading figures across tech and advanced manufacturing, the Hi Tech Forum is a membership group dedicated to industry-led development, collaboration and promotion of the sector.
This innovative and technology-driven cluster of businesses is one of Torbay’s main assets, with world-leading companies such as Spirent Communications and Gooch & Housego, as well as local talents Bay Photonics based in the area. Driven by demand and ambition from within these businesses, the Hi Tech Forum meets regularly to facilitate opportunities to network, collaborate, access funding opportunities and more.
"Bay Photonics are pleased to support the Torbay Hi-Tech Forum" said Glenn George, Director of Bay Photonics, based at the Brixham Laboratory in Freshwater Quarry. "We applaud the TDA in starting and maintaining this initiative. As an original member, we have tried to steer the Forum in a successful direction to help support the wealth of knowledge and capability there is for the Photonics industry in Torbay. We are also excited about the prospects of having an Electronic and Photonic Innovation Centre in Paignton and look forward to Torbay Hi-Tech Forum members being instrumental in ensuring its success."
Creating a World Class environment for innovative, collaborative and technology-driven businesses in Torbay & South Devon - where advanced skills growth, research & engineering shape our future economy.
How can the Forum help my business?
Through a combination of meetings with relevant presentations and regular email and social media activity, the forum gives you access to a range of support and opportunities including:
- Alerts and information on funding opportunities
- Shaping industry needs and working to meet them
- Access to networking and events, including the MTI exhibition
- Access to trade missions and delegations visiting Torbay from overseas
- Being part of a combined voice campaigning on sector issues
- Networking across specialist sectors
- Learn about or promote potential collaborations or partnerships
The forum has excellent relationships with groundbreaking and innovative centres and facilities such as:
- Centre for ALternative MAterials and REmanufacturing Technologies
- Electron Microscopy Centre
- Integrated Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Horizon Centre
It is regularly attended by sector support organisations including:
The Torbay Hi Tech Forum is a cluster member of the European Photonics Industry Consortium.
Through the Education Sub Group there are direct links with local schools and colleges, a useful partnership for businesses looking for engagement with the next generation of talent and inspiring young people to pursue a career in technology or advanced manufacturing.
The Hi Tech Forum now represents more than 30 companies in the following industries:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Global navigation satellite systems
- Fibre optics
- RF and wireless manufacturing
- Tooling and multi-shot injection moulding
- Environmental marine research
Membership is free and open to companies operating across the sectors above within Torbay and South Devon. For more information and to join please contact Daniel Newman on 01803 207827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay up to date with Torbay Hi Tech Forum on LinkedIn.