TDA have co-ordinated a joined up approach to National Apprenticeship Week 4th – 8th March 2019. We want to encourage the adoption of apprenticeship schemes throughout industries to develop skills and help businesses overcome their barriers to recruiting and retaining staff.
In the form of an Apprenticeship Working Group, TDA in partnership with South Devon College, Devon & Cornwall Training Provider Network, SERCO (HotSWLEP Apprenticeship Service, Skills Support for the Workforce Programme) and Torbay Business Forum have made it our mission to dispel any doubts that businesses have had about taking on an apprentice.
As part of National Apprenticeship Week there are lots of events taking place across Torbay:
- NHS Open Day with South Devon College, Monday 4th March (free)
- South Devon College Apprenticeships Road Trip, Torquay, Paignton and Brixham, Monday 4th-Thursday 7th March (free)
- Torbay Business Forum Breakfast #ApprenticeTakeover, Tuesday 5th March
- South Devon College Apprenticeship Awards, Thursday 7th March
- Torbay Jobs Fair, #ApprenticeTakeover Friday 8th March (free)
- Ignite Your Business – The Benefits of Apprenticeships – business information seminar, Friday 8th March (free)
- Schools visits with employers and South Devon College (free)
- Advice and guidance drop in sessions at the Job Shop, South Devon College (free)
- Gooch & Housgo skills and careers schools event with TDA (15th)
The events will see apprentices from South Devon College, Torbay Council and TDA in the driving seat and leading on the events, as part of the #ApprenticeTakeover. To view all events during National Apprenticeship Week visit>
The co-ordinated activity for National Apprenticeship Week is closely linked with the Government’s ‘Opportunities Through Apprenticeships’ pilot scheme, which Torbay was selected to take part in.
Introduced by the working group, the #ApprenticeTakeover is designed to encourage businesses to engage with National Apprenticeship Week and find out more about the benefits of apprenticeships.
>If you’re a business and have an apprentice, take part in the #ApprenticeTakeover campaign. Celebrate and showcase your apprentices talent, put them in the driving seat of the business for the day and let them take centre stage! For example, let the apprentice be Head Chef, apprentice as CEO, apprentice lead a sales meeting, or apprentice running an event etc. Share your activity with us on social media using #ApprenticeTakeover #NAW2019 #FireItUp so we can track activity.
>If you’re a business and want to find out more about the benefits and how to start your apprentice journey, come along to our free business seminar on 8th March or get in touch.
Get in Touch
To discuss National Apprenticeship Week and Torbay’s #ApprenticeTakeover in any way email: Rebecca.Davies@tda.uk.net or call: 01803 208429.
#ApprenticeTakeover #NAW2019 #FireItUp