Maximising on your business location
When you’re looking for customers could there be opportunities right on your doorstep you’ve not yet fully taken advantage of or tried? Could a slight tweak of your product, a specific line, themed collection, or service that you provide fit in perfectly with a target market close by your business?
Cockington Court includes a nature-inspired wedding venue nestled in 420 acres of award-winning parkland, with three licenced wedding rooms. Alongside it, from a number of studios and units, local independent traders are running businesses. As such, it makes perfect sense for craft makers and businesses, based just a short walk away from the Court to offer tailored solutions for the nearby wedding venues.
Promoting their like-minded ethos and encouraging sustainability, each maker and business offer a product suitable for Cockington Court to offer to prospective couples tying the knot.
What’s on offer?
- Our Glass create handmade glass favours using traditional glass blowing techniques and recycled glass to create bespoke pieces that can be engraved with special messages.
- Daisy Cakes will provide a wedding cake, baked fresh to order, using local and organic ingredients.
- Isabella Day is an Artist Goldsmith, registered as a fair-trade fair-mined Goldsmith. Any new gold she uses has a sustainable and ethical traceability. She offers ‘make your own wedding rings’ experiences where you can bring inherited family gold to use for wedding rings.
- MooBoo Home use reclaimed materials to create personalised gifts and are inspired by the timber and ceramics they find, this re-uses and recycles tonnes of wood otherwise destined for landfill. A fantastic memento for any wedding.
- Freeload Accessories designed an eco wedding accessories range, which is also vegan and hand-crafted in the UK.
- The Alter Room provides bridal alterations and alternative bridal wear. Using recycled, organic and sustainable fabrics, creating bespoke weddings dresses by hand.
- Flower La Vita, inspired by nature is reflected in their approach to flower arranging, even using wild flowers from the nearby Walled Garden and sell confetti made from recycled flowers.
Each business maximises on local trade, as well as the creative business environment they are situated within. If you are looking for new customers it’s worth considering if there’s an opportunity close by you.
If you’re looking for a business premises or would like advice on growing your business TDA Business offers workspace solutions, start up business support and business growth workshops. Visit the website for full details.
For information on studio business space at Cockington Court visit here