MADE stands for Manufacturing Activities Designed to Engage. The MADE Pilot is a series of manufacturing focussed activities designed to inspire, motivate and engage participants in STEM Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) learning from Primary School, through secondary school into further education and beyond. TDA was awarded funding from the South West Peninsula City Deal Manufacturing and Marine Challenge Fund, and further funding from TDA enabled the delivery of the project.
The MADE project has:
- Engaged with more than 1,800 young people
- Created 160 STEM Ambassadors
- Partnered with 13 Torbay and South Devon schools
- Partnered with 25 South Devon Businesses
- Delivered two TechBay: Engineering Your Future events
- Created the Manufacturing Challenge
- Delivered STEM days with partner companies
- Exhibited and demonstrated at the Big Bang event
- Created a film to promote apprenticeships and graduate roles in engineering
“The project is raising the profile of careers within the engineering sector and the opportunities available locally, both now and for the future. By informing young people of the sectors which are growing in Torbay we can help raise skill levels, create opportunities and maintain quality full time jobs in Torbay. We congratulate the schools who are participating in the programme and thank the local businesses in helping deliver the stimulating and engaging activities.”
The MADE film can be seen here
If you are a business interested in supporting the MADE Pilot project by offering mentoring or work experience please email Debbie Passmore on [email protected] or call 01803 208378.