We can help you make the most of the Kickstart Scheme
TDA is acting as a ‘gateway’ employer for The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) Kickstart Scheme. TDA is supporting employers across Torbay, South Devon and Somerset to create fully-funded, 6-month work opportunities for young people aged 16-24. The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create new 6-month job placements for young people who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. Employers are also entitled to a £1,500 grant for set up costs and supporting the young person in developing their employability skills.
By choosing to use TDA as a gateway employer there is no extra costs and TDA will:
- Work with businesses to determine the suitability of their placements
- Gain all the required information from businesses to submit an application to DWP
- Support businesses to develop job descriptions if required
- Liaise with DWP to promote the vacancies
- Ensure that businesses have a suitable programme of support for the young person
- Ongoing liaison with DWP to ensure placements are filled efficiently and successfully
- Pay the appropriate funding to employers
So far, TDA has submitted three successful applications on behalf of 47 employers, potentially creating 177 valuable placements for young people during a time in which they are needed the most. These opportunities will range across a variety of businesses and sectors, providing placements that match the differing hobbies, interests and aspirations young people will have.
If you are an employer and you are interested in submitting an application for the Kickstart Scheme or would like to hear further information on the scheme, please email [email protected] or call 01803 208672.